When it comes to reducing carbohydrates in a keto meal it is never easy. We get used to carbs and in most daily situations we don’t even notice them in our mouth. Here we share 7 useful tips for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a keto meal. They will help you to manage your daily ration
- Eggs could make your life much easier. Cook them with bacon and cheese for breakfast. Make omelets; add some useful herbs, such as arugula and basil.
- Make your favorite pancakes from coconut flour. It tastes different but still very good. Coconut flour is relatively low carb, and isn’t toxic to our bodies like wheat is. It is exactly what you need. To sweeten your pancakes, use some low-sugar berries. If for some reason you don’t want to use coconut flour try to replace it with almond flour.
- Always eat salads for lunch. You need vegetables to balance your keto diet. Don’t hesitate to add as many different green vegetables as you can find. Pour a fatty sour cream and add some herbs.
- You miss pasta. We all miss pasta. A creative way out from this black hole is to add sauces we use for pasta to meat or fish. At least, it could make your dinner tastes like it used to be before you try a ketogenic diet.
- Or, if the tip number 4 is not good enough for you to replace pasta, get yourself a spiral grater and grate up some zucchini. You don’t need to boil it, just mix in your sauce, or stir-fry it with your meat and veges.
- And now we have to find out what to do with the rice, how to replace it. Try cauliflower, it is low carb and it cooks faster than rice. You can easily replace rice with cauliflower, by blitzing it up in a food processor. Alternatively, there’s a “0 carb” rice by Slendier available, made from the vegetable konjac.
- And the last tip is for your snacks. Make them rich with protein. They could be nuts, boiled eggs or some tasty French cheese. A favourite of mine is to make little rolls of sliced sandwich chicken or ham, stuffed with cream cheese.
Now you can see that reducing carbohydrates for a keto diet is not as difficult as it seemed to be. You just have to be creative and give yourself some extra time to get used to the new way of nutrition.