Keto snacks are getting very popular these days. We all know a healthy body plays a very important role in our life. It saves us from a lot of disease and various health problems. A healthy body requires sufficient amounts of protein, carbohydrates, and dietary fats. Our body gets daily energy by burning carbohydrates and fats. Primarily carbohydrates are burned to convert into energy and fat is stored in the body that results in obesity. But we do the reverse in a keto diet, so to make it easier for you, let’s talk about keto snacks!
What are Keto Snacks?
With keto snacks, we focus on low carbs and high-fat foods. When low carb foods are eaten, out body uses fat to convert into energy instead of carbs. We should include 75% fat, 20% proteins, and 5% carbs. The lower the carbs in your foods, the lower will be the carbs available to burn and the higher will be the fat burn. We try to reduce the carbs in our food be eating keto foods and keto snacks. Fat-rich food doesn’t mean unhealthy food that contains only fat and no protein and fiber. Fat rich keto snacks focus on food that is low carb so that body doesn’t get enough carb to convert into energy. It is also known as low carb snacks, low carb high-fat snacks, ketogenic snacks.
Why body prefers carbs as compared to fat?
Now the question arises that why bodies prefer carbs and don’t use fat to convert into body energy. The answer is because when the carbs are burned it is converted into glucose and insulin. Glucose is the molecules that can be most easily converted into energy by our body so carbs are preferred as compared to fat. Another fact is that insulin is produced to take the glucose in various parts of our body. So this is the reason why the body prefers carbs burn as compared to fat burn to use as energy. As carbs produce glucose that contains sugar it sometimes affects sugar level in the body.
What is a Ketone?
When there isn’t sufficient glucose in the body that can be burned into energy what the body will do is it will start burning fat to produce energy. While breaking down fat into energy a byproduct is formed by the body that is named a ketone. And this process is known as ketosis.
Our body adjusts itself according to the situations so when you give your body a load of fat and take away carbs it starts burning the fat that produces ketones as byproducts into the body. If a person can burn the optimum amount of ketones it can help our body in many ways like weight loss, mental stability, blood sugar control etc.
What Keto Snacks include
Here we will learn what food items we should prefer in keto snacks. As we know we should include fat-rich items in keto foods and keto snacks so that fat is burned to convert into energy. Here some snacks are given that are fat rich and protein rich healthy food that will help the better growth of the body without adding the extra unnecessary fat in the body.
Here is a list giving some food item you can take as keto snacks:
- Fatty Fish
- Chicken Breast
- Brazil Nuts
- Almond Butter
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Cauliflower etc.
So these are the food products that you can include in your snacks. You should remember that you need to balance protein in your diet with fat. Sometimes you need to know about how much protein and other fibers are present in your food. Food contents help us to select the right food from a big number of choices. Here is a list that shows some information about various keto snacks:
|Egg (1 large)||70||5||0.5||6|
|Almond butter (2 tbsp.)||180||16||4||6|
|Cream Cheese (30g.)||94||9||1||2|
|Chicken breast (115g.)||125||1||0||26|
Foods to stay away from
As we know, we should avoid consuming high carb food so that body doesn’t get enough carbs to burn into energy, so it must depend on the fat burn for the primary source of energy. So there are some food items which are carbs rich foods that should be avoided in keto snacks diet. Some of these carbs rich food items are given that you should avoid:
- Brown rice
- Sweet potatoes
- Multigrain hot cereal
- White potatoes with skin
- 100% whole wheat bread
- 100% whole wheat pasta
Fruits are high carbs food item so we should avoid various food items in our keto diet. Some of the food items are given below that we should avoid:
Advantages of Keto Snacks
There are a large number of advantages of keto snacks that help to maintain a healthy body and lifestyle. As we know the objective of keto snacks is to use fat burn as energy and minimize the carbs burns that are the easiest source of energy for the body. So there are a big number of advantages of keto snacks some of which are given here:
- Weight loss: Body weight plays an important role in the fitness of the body. High body weight results in various health problems. When we take keto snacks i.e. fat rich snack body uses fat burn for producing energy so when fat loss takes place in the body it results in weight loss.
- Muscles gaining instead of fat gaining: Keto snacks helps to gain muscles weight instead of fat. As fat is burned it leads to muscles gaining.
- Reduces heart-related problem: they help to keep body away from various heart-related problems by maintaining the blood pressure of the body.
- Maintain sugar level in the body: Keto snacks helps to maintain the sugar level in the body more efficiently in the body as compared to carbs rich food. When the carb-rich food is taken it is converted into glucose and insulin that is a sugar-rich product but in the keto snack, it contains ketones that aren’t rich sugar products that help to maintain the sugar level in the body.
- Fight with cancer: Some study shows that keto snack also helps to kill some of the cancer cells and helps the body to fight against cancer. So they plays can help the cancer patient to fight this dangerous disease.
- Saves from diabetes: By lowering the amount of glucose and insulin in our food i.e. by lowering the carbs in our food keto snack helped some people to fight against diabetes.
- Removes various neurological disorders: In some case, keto snacks seems to remove some neurological disorders like Alzheimer.
- Improve Body Energy: in keto diet, we burn fat that produces more energy as compared to the carbs burn so it produces more energy and makes our body more energetic.
- Improved lifestyle: Keto snacks helps for the better lifestyle by burning extra fat in our body and improving the efficiency of the body.
- Improves sleep: Some study suggests that people taking keto snack taking better sleep as compared to people taking high carbs diet.
So these are the advantages of keto snacks that leads the human body to a healthy state. There are a lot more benefits of keto snack that are not being discussed here. Keto snack is very useful in case of fat loss that leads to weight loss. People concern about body fat normally prefer keto snack schedule.
Some Keto Snacks
Some commonly known keto snacks are given here that can be consumed by the body:
- Samosas: Samosas are the high-fat food item. Samosa is the triangular shaped pastry fried in ghee or oil and filled with potatoes and spices. It is highly fat rich food item that is mostly consumed in central Asian countries. This food item is very popular in India. This is most easily available fat rich keto snack.
- Avocados: Avocados is a high-fat rich fruit that can be treated as a very good keto snack. For some extra taste add some salt or pepper in it and it is just awesome along with fat. One benefit of avocados is that it is easily available food items with all the eligibility of keto snack.
- Chocolate cake: Chocolate cake is also a good option. Both chocolate and cake are fat-rich products so the chocolate cake is a very good fat rich item that can be easily used as keto snack item.
- Pizza: Pizza is also a fat-rich item that we can use as keto snack. One plus point of pizza is that everyone loves it so it will be enjoyable to eat pizza and remain in your keto snack schedule.
- Ice Cream: Ice cream can also be included in keto snacks as it is a fat rich food item. 100g of ice cream contains nearly 13-14g of fat that makes it ideal for including in our list.
- Bacon: Bacon is a fat rich food item. Normally 100g of bacon contains 40g of fat that makes it ideal for a keto snacks diet. You can fry bacon in butter or ghee to make it more tasty and fat rich. One more plus point is that bacon is easily available in the market everywhere.
- Egg: Egg is also a fat-rich product and it contains a lot of proteins. 100g of the egg contains nearly 12-15g of fat that confirms its space in keto diet items.
- Almonds: Almonds are also a great source of fat. We should include almonds in keto snack because almonds contain 49g of fat per 100g of almonds that makes it a great source of fat.
- Cheese Burger: As cheeseburgers are filled with cheese and fried in butter and oil, they contain a lot of fat. We can eat these sparingly as they help to increase fat content as keto snacks. Burgers are like samosas but roundly shaped filled with potato, vegetables, and many other items. A normal cheeseburger contains 14g of fat per 100g of it.
- Fried Fish: Along with fat fish contains various proteins required for the body. Fried fish is fried in ghee or in oil that makes it a suitable product for keto snack. Per 100g of fried fish, it contains 14g of fat.
- Vegetable Oils: Vegetables are a good source of fat and proteins. We use vegetable oil to fry our various food items to make them tasty. Vegetable oils are rich in fat that make it suitable for keto snack.
- Chicken meat: Chicken meat is also a great source of fat. You can make various dishes with chicken meat. You can fry chicken to make it tastier. Breast chicken contains a lot of fat and considered to be healthy and easily available everywhere in the market.
Always Remember: Although food items like samosas, burgers, pizzas are fat rich items that are suitable for keto snacks, we should consume these within limit because these food items don’t contain protein, body fibers and other necessary elements required for the body. Sometimes for fat people eats a lot of burgers and other fat-rich product that contain only food and no protein and fiber that affect body health badly.
The egg is a good keto snack because along with fat it contains various proteins that help the smooth growth of the body. So keto snacks don’t blindly follow only fat rich item it only suggests low carbs diet so that our body doesn’t get enough carbs to turn into energy. You don’t have to consume foods items like burgers, pizzas blindly in the name of keto snack. Before taking any food item you should also know if that item contains proteins and fibers required for the body.