It’s been a while since I’ve posted one of Sari’s delicious home-made keto meal recipes, but here’s a favourite of mine and one we have very often. Total preparation and cooking time should only be about 15 – 20 minutes. This is a great meal to take to work for lunches.
Chicken and Pesto Zucchini Spaghetti
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1-2 tbsp pesto (to taste – fresh is best, make it yourself if you have a blender!).
- diced chicken breast – about 300 – 400 gram.
- 1 whole zucchini, large.
- 2 medium bacon rashers.
- cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters if preferred – 1 small punnet.
- diced haloumi cheese (again, fresh is best and it’s easy to make yourself).
- 1 lemon or lemon juice (optional, for flavouring haloumi).
Note: To get zucchini into long, spaghetti like strips you can simply use a vegetable peeler. However, if you can get hold of a spiral grater or a “Shark Peeler”, those will make your job much easier.
- Cut all ingredients as required (see ingredients).
- Lightly boil zucchini for approximately 5 minutes, until tender but not too soft. Drain and set aside.
- Fry diced bacon and chicken whilst zucchini boils.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes and pesto to frying pan and stir together. Allow to cook for a few minutes until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve meal or put aside to free up pan, then fry haloumi cheese last with a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Add to served meals.
Don’t forget to pack up any leftovers into microwave safe containers to have for lunch the next day!